Bench press is the universal unit for power and strength. How much do you bench? We all get that question, and it seems that we can get an accurate picture on that how strong we are. Read the next lines and learn how to increase your bench press fast.
Bench press is a basic exercise. The Bench Press is the most performed exercise in the average gym and it works one of the most impressive area on our body – the chest.
Tips on How to Increase Bench Press:
- Strengthen shoulders and triceps will increase your bench press . The shoulders and the triceps are secondary muscles in most chest workouts including bench press. Make sure you workout your triceps and shoulders in separate days when they are “fresh”.
- Use proper technique. First align the spine on the bench, feet flat on the floor. Grip the bar about shoulder width. Don’t hyper-extend the elbows or wrists. Breath in, and slowly lower the bar until the elbows align with the shoulders. Breath out, an extend the elbows to the start position. There are also a few rules which will help you lift heavier and protect your body from injuries. Keep your posture. Don’t lift your back, legs or shoulders from the bench. Make sure the bar lands just under your chest line. Push the bar in a straight line through the ceiling. Always use a spotter.
- Gain a few pounds. Although a lot of people are trying to lose weight you should gain some if you want to increase you bench press. The bigger your muscles, the stronger you are. Increase the calorie and protein intake. Decrease the amount of cardio. Sleep and rest enough.
- Avoid injuries. An injury can keep you away and decrease your bench press. The most common and time consuming injuries are the shoulders. Make sure you warm up for 5- 10 minutes prior to workout. Don’t do ballistic movements on the bench press. Push the bar slowly. Prevent muscle imbalances and have a whole body workout program. Rest at least once in every 5 days workout cycle.
- Supplements can really help. Whey protein is a great muscle builder. Creatine monohydrate is another great product that will increase your strength. You can also try the pre workout supplements such as C4 Extreme and N.O Explode that will increase training energy, motivation, intensity, mental alertness and focus, muscle fullness, muscularity and pumps.
- Train out of your comfort zone. Push yourself out of your comfort zone. Vary the rest between sets and intensity. Switch your workout up and try super-sets. Stress your muscles and you will start seeing results.
- Sleep and rest enough. Muscles are growing when they are resting. If you need to gain muscles you need to balance between hard workouts and rest.
Increase your bench press but please don’t get obsessed of it. You can look healthy and attractive without bench pressing 400 pounds! Staying healthy and injury free is a lot more important!